Year School Opened: 1939
Enrollment: Projected enrollment for 2021-2022: 550
Grade Levels: K-5
Description of Campus:
San Jacinto Elementary is located in beautiful San Jacinto, California. The town itself is located at the base of the San Jacinto Mountains and adjacent to the San Jacinto River. Because of our downtown location, we are predominantly a walking school. Many students walk to school, thus maintaining strong ties with the community. The school was founded in 1939 although there is some debate over when it actually opened its doors to students. Some speculate it was in the late 1800’s! SJE is the oldest school in the district. We are one of seven elementary schools, with a total of 14 schools, district-wide. All of the original buildings have been knocked down but it still maintains the feel of a school rooted in pride and community! We serve kindergarten through fifth grade students.
San Jacinto Elementary's mission is to provide a challenging program that focuses on developing knowledgeable, inquiring, and caring students that become active, compassionate, life-long learners in a global society.
School Motto: Empowering our Global Learners.
- Educate and improve student learning and foster life-long learners.
- Help students realize their potential by providing access to standards based instruction through inquiry.
- Provide opportunity for growth both academic and professional.
- Establish and maintain high standards for the entire community and hold educators, parents and students accountable for learning.
- Fully Implement the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme.
- Nurture students to become responsible, independent, and organized